Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Precious Little Miracle Indeed….Baby Marilla!

Marilla Valeen Nielsen
Born:  March 21, 2015

Born in Springdale, Arkansas
Weight:  6 lbs. 6 oz.
Height:  18 inches 
What a little doll! 
Sooo, soooo cute! 
     Precious little Marilla is the much loved daughter of Jon and Kimberly Nielsen and the adorable granddaughter of Joe and Gayla Nielsen.  And, here is her sweet, tender story as told by her mother, Kimberly.  
     "Our adoption story started before Jon and I even met. About 3 1/2 years ago I decided that I wanted to serve a mission. So I got everything in order and received my call to the Marshall islands. Right before I left on my mission the stake president called me into his office and said that he didn't think I was supposed to go on a mission. I was devastated, but I stayed home. The Marshall Islands was the most perfect mission for me, and I always wondered why the Lord wanted me to stay home. After Jon and I got married we started talking about adoption and never agreed on exactly what we were wanting. Then one day I asked him about adopting a Marshallese baby. We both felt very strongly that we were supposed to adopt a Marshallese baby girl. We started filling out our adoption papers and getting ready for our homestudy and everything was completed in record time. The Lord had His hand in it. From the day we started filling out papers until the day she was placed in our arms was six weeks. Our lives have never been better. She has brought so much joy into our home and we instantly bonded the day we met. She is 3 1/2 months old now and still pretty tiny but that is normal for the Marshallese people. Marilla is pretty alert and really strong. She LOVES bath time:) and is full of smiles. We are so grateful for all of the love and support that this ward has shown us. This whole thing happened so quickly, but we would not change a thing about it. We love you guys so much."

Love,
     Jon & Kimberly Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment